Introducing the BlueOne Beach Challenge. This unique event is scheduled to take pace on Saturday, September 12, at 0900 at Horseneck Beach in Westport, MA. What is “The Beach Challenge” you ask? Here’s a synopsis:
- The race course is slightly shorter than a 10K but contains a wide variety of terrain (soft sand, trail, pavement, hurricane-deposited gravel) and even some challenge stations
- There are 8 challenge stations (challenges range from burpees to weighted sand bucket carries) in all and 6 shallow sprints into the breaking surf
- NO SWIMMING IS REQUIRED
- But, lifeguards will still be on duty to ensure participant safety
- Technical shirt to all participants
Other event highlights include:
- Huge post-race party
- Chip Timing by Yankee Timing
- Cold beer (21+ with positive ID required) and other refreshments
- Additional concessions available for purchase
- Awards for individuals and teams
- Spectators are welcome, they do need to purchase spectator insurance if they want entry into the Post Race Party - $15.
Teams of 6 can also register as a VIP Team. These teams will receive their own 10 x 10 private tent that includes a table to use as a meeting place and storage location. These teams will receive additional VIP refreshments.
Registration Fee schedule (all registrations include insurance):
- $85 before July 31
- $95 after August 1
- $105 the day of the event (if space is available)
Have questions? Want to learn more? Contact [email protected] for more info.
Registration available at: www.blueonechallenge.com.
Bonus: Like us on Facebook and use the coupon code BLUEVIP1 at checkout for $10 off your registration fee.
A portion of all proceeds will go to support The American Red Cross, The United States Lifesaving Association, and the Massachusetts DCR’s Conservation and Urban Parks Trust Fund.